Advice - Cover letter
You will find tips for making a cover letter
The cover letter is a key element when you submit your application. It allows recruiters to get to know you better, but also to assess the way you express yourself and structure your ideas.
According to Jobteaser , a site specializing in recruitment, here are the important elements of a cover letter:
- Structure – a cover letter should have 5 steps:
- Contextualization: the context of your application.
- Why this application: what brings you to apply?
- Where do you come from ? : your background and the most interesting experiences for this position.
- Why do they need you?
- Your letter should be tailored to the company you are applying to (tone of letter, experience) to avoid giving the impression that you are sending the same letter to all companies.
- The letter will be read very quickly. The content should be short and correspond to what meets the recruiter’s expectations.
- You have to arouse the curiosity of the recruiter, by highlighting information that is not on your CV and that may interest him.
- Pay attention to spelling mistakes and keep paragraphs short, so that they are clear and enjoyable to read.
- Additional advice
- Specify the reference of the advertisement in the subject of the letter.
- Pay attention to the title of the cover letter file. It should not be too long.
- Check the source and accuracy of the information you put in your cover letter.
For the full article, it’s here .
Here is an example of a cover letter: Cover letter – example 1 .